Monday, August 22, 2016

The Sunshine Blogger Award

Thank you sweet Owly and Becky for nominating this blog for the Sunshine Blogger award. You guys are both amazing writers! I love all your stories.




... and everybody loves sunshine!


So here are the rules:

    1.    Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
    2.    Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
    3.    Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
    4.    Notify the bloggers you included.
    5.    Keep the rules in your post.






Owly’s Questions


1. If you were a sim, what would your five traits be?
Artistic, Loves the Outdoors, Neurotic, Eco-Friendly, Loner (I was trying to decide between this and Ambitious, because I do take my career very seriously, but the “Too Many People” moodlet wins.)

2. What book has had the biggest impact on you, and why?
Probably George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. It kind of set a way too high standard for what I consider to be good fantasy :D After having gone through the entire book series (well, what we have so far) several times, I’m constantly on the lookout for more fantasy novels that are even only half as good! It’s pretty tough…
I also love the audiobook version because that way I can paint and enjoy a book at the same time :)

3. What keeps you up at night?

Not much, really! I tend to fall asleep pretty easily. Not Heavy Sleeper trait here though, because I wake up just as easily too!

4. If you're not a tattoo person, what is the one thing that you would possibly get tattooed on your body (if you were forced to)? If you do like/have tattoos, what is the one style of tattoo you hate the most?
I don’t have any tattoos yet, but my boyfriend (well, fiancé I guess, but I've gotten too used to calling him the bf) and I were actually thinking about getting each other's names after we learned about something called 'ring avulsion' (Don't google if you're squeamish of if you really like wearing rings. You've been warned.). I'd probably get it on my left wrist in a swooshy calligraphy kind of look. I want it to be playful yet elegant, but I haven't been able to come up with a definite design yet. It's such a big decision!

5. What's your favorite marine animal?
This thing.



6. What tv series or movie could you watch over and over again?

Either Futurama or Sex and the City. I actually have watched them over and over again :D

7. You're in charge of coming up with an obscure animal mascot for a sports team. What is it?
A proboscis monkey!
I'm seeing a trend with my favorite animals here...

8. What's your favorite joke?
Oof. I never remember any! But I have some advice for you:

Don’t trust atoms.



They make up everything.



… boo, dad jokes.

9. What's your favorite kind of weather?
I like it sunny, but not too hot, with a few really awesome-looking, billowing clouds in the sky.

10. In a cage fight match to the death, who would win: Fred Flintstone or George Jetson?
Umm... George Jetson because future technology? Though if it's hand-to-hand combat, Fred would flatten him.

11. What's one "rule" (not a grammar or style rule) that you follow while writing?
I am such a noob at writing, so I don’t knowingly follow any rules... I did notice though that it's easier to figure out what a particular character would do if I think of real people I know who are somewhat similar to that character. That's probably one of the most basic things, huh? Write what you know, right? But realizing that was a bit of an epiphany for me.




_______________


Becky’s Questions


1. What is your favorite bird, if you can only choose from birds you have seen near your place of residence?
I love crows! They look badass and they’re super smart. I’ve watched them carefully placing walnuts on the road so passing cars would crack them open :D

2. Three of the worst movies ever. Movies you actually watched, all the way through. Poor you.
Tomorrowland, Dracula Untold and Tomorrowland again — bf and I were SO disappointed with that one. The trailer got us interested, but the movie did NOT deliver. Even now, whenever we watched something crappy, we say, “Well, at least it was better than Tomorrowland.”

3. How about some movies that were so bad, you couldn't finish watching them?
When that happens, I tend to forget about the movie pretty quickly! One thing I do remember was trying to watch Hateful Eight, but stopping about halfway through. It wasn’t bad, but very long-winded and I wasn’t feeling it that much.

4. You're writing a buddy cop movie. What do you name your two main protagonists?
Moxie and Guts. A plucky, impetuous rookie with good instincts and her faithful K-9 companion.
Gosh, somehow I’m sure this exists already.

5. Did you see a cartoon as a child that scarred you because it broke the animation age ghetto? If so, what was it?
I was a bit disturbed by some of the gross stuff in The Tex Avery Show sometimes, but I can’t recall anything that really impacted me.

6. What are your three most favorite starship designs?

The Death Star, the Millennium Falcon … I do like Sci-Fi, but I don’t think I pay enough attention to vehicle designs in general!

7. Psychic twins. Dead horse trope, or you just can't get enough of how cute it is?

I don’t think I actually ever encountered that trope before your psychic twins, so no dead horse for me! Definitely still cute :)

8. Five computer games you thought were fun, aside from Sims?
Monster Hunter series, Portal 1&2, Skyrim, Assassin’s Creed 2 & Brotherhood, Minecraft, Final Fantasy 12, Pokemon XY
Wait, that's more than five... and I can totally keep going too.

9. Are you in love with any Non-PC games? Regardless of replay value, let's hear some of your favorites!
Magic: The Gathering, I guess! Though I’m not very good at it yet.

10. Daffy Duck, or Donald Duck? Why?

Donald, because I loved The Ducktales as a kid. I even had this awesome game I could play on MS Dos! I think it was a port from another platform, but back then I had no idea about stuff like that.

11. That one glitch you had in Sims 3 that you love telling people about. What happened?

When all the textures went crazy and I got a sim wearing a dress, but with a nude texture overlaid! Creepy. I tried to get pictures, but whenever I did, the game would crash.




_______________





My Questions For You


1. If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would that be?
2. Has anything awesome or potentially life-changing ever happened to you because you started playing The Sims? Maybe you met a great friend or you found out about something cool while checking out Sims stuff on the internet?
3. Name one thing that is on your computer desk right now that should not be there.
4. Mountains, sea or city?
5. If you could have any career from The Sims 3 in real life, which one would you choose?
6. What is your biggest reason for sticking to TS3 instead of moving on to TS4? Toddlers, open neighborhoods, aesthetics or something completely different?
7. Is there any particular skill you are trying to learn at the moment? If not, what is something you’d love to be able to do?
8. Coffee, tea, or cocoa?
9. Do you have a favorite (visual) artist?
10. If you could pick any time period to live in, which one would it be?
11. Which other games do you play besides The Sims? Or, lacking that, what do you like to do in your spare time besides playing TS?




_______________



Nominations


I feel like I haven’t been around long enough to be following too many blogs (... yet! I am trying to catch up slowly!), and Becky and Owly already mentioned most of the ones I do follow :D
So I hope it’s ok to nominate some people again? And is it ok to nominate people right back? Because that’s what I’m going to do. Try and stop me.



A Clover and A Bee
Goldbeard RLC
Hiding Out In Sunset Valley
Matthews’ Random Legacy
Secrets of the Sixkillers
The Van Hofwegen Legacy
Life Is A Journey


For the sake of getting closer to 11, I’ll also put some legacies that have already ended or been discontinued in here, simply because I really enjoyed them! Maybe some of you will too.

Moonstone Manor - A Random Legacy (Already finished and not updated in years, but it was such a great story! This one was the first Random Legacy I ever found.)
The Ophelia Oftpreg Experiments (Sadly discontinued in 2011)
Meet The Derps (Very funny read, but the last post was in 2013)







Obviously, if you’ve already done the nomination post, you don’t have to post again. I do kind of want to know your answers though!! You can comment here if you don't want to put them on your blog but would still like to indulge me <3

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me! I'm going to answer your questions here, if that's okay. :)

    1. Japan! Okinawa specifically, so I can see the aquarium with whale sharks.

    2. I can't think of anything life-changing as a result of the Sims. I do think people in the Sims community are really neat, and that helped me become comfortable with sharing my writing. It was a huge step for me to post my writing publically, and I like how accepting the community is of all sorts of different kinds of stories and writers.

    3. I have a bag of hot cheetos (con limón!) that I have been munching all morning. I probably shouldn't have it on my desk because it's tempting me and I'm going to make myself sick.

    4. Mountains! I grew up at the foot of some small mountains, and I think they're beautiful.

    5. I think it would be fun to be a con-artist fortune teller. I don't think I'd be very good at it, though. :p

    6. I think TS4 is boring. The gameplay feels like a step backward, which is sad because I looooove build mode in TS4 (if only there was CaSt!). I honestly couldn't play for more than an hour before I got bored.

    7. I've been trying to learn Norwegian through Duolingo for like a year but I suuuuck. I'd love to be able to speak another language (other than Latin, which is useless).

    8. Coffee. With just a little cream, please.

    9. I like Artemisia Gentileschi. I also think appropriation artists like Yasumasa Morimura are pretty nifty. I know there are more artists out there I like, but I'm drawing a blank. XD

    10. I like the present! I like being able to own property and vote. If I was a dude, I think I might like the Age of Enlightenment, though.

    11. Other than TS3, the only video game I play is Pokemon, though I haven't played since ORAS came out. I'm part of a tabletop roleplaying group, if that counts as gaming. We're currently playing a Changeling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling:_The_Dreaming) campaign. And sometimes we play D&D board games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norwegian, cool! Latin isn't entirely useless - it kind of helps with all the Romance languages, no? It works the other way around at least. I always weaseled my way through Latin with some semi-informed guesswork :D

      Tabletop roleplaying is so intriguing... but I always get hung up on the character creation and never get to actually play! I bet it really helps with writing characters though... probably why yours always feel so real!

      Delete
  2. Yay crows! Surely you've seen psychic twins in action before mine... even Luke & Leia count. ;) And that sims3 glitch is the scariest I've ever heard. o.o

    I don't want to make a new blog post so like Owly I'll answer here as well, just for fun. (:

    1. I really need more information on this. Is this a one-way trip? Is it teleportation, or do I travel there by normal means? Can I dupe James Randi into giving me money based on my one-use teleport?

    2. Hmm. I guess my time spent on sims would have just been spent on some other game. Maybe I'd have more credits in SW:TOR.

    3. This glass should probably be washed and in the cabinet...

    4. Mountains. Less people. Less mosquitoes.

    5. Video game developer, I guess? I was going to pick psychic, but I have never actually played one, and I just read their aura makes sims with the good trait dislike them. O.o

    6. Open neighborhoods going away was my second biggest reason for not even trying Sims4. My first was the last of CaST.

    7. Trying to get better at drawing.

    8. Tea. Lemon flavored.

    9. Uh... no I don't have a favorite, really. Too many great artists to pick favorites.

    10. The future, after we save the world with genetic engineering, have no illnesses and live happily forever.

    11. I love so many games! Star Wars: The Old Republic is my ongoing MMO. No Man's Sky is my current fascination. FTL is one I like to return to (http://www.ftlgame.com/), and I even own most of their merchandise. Rogue Legacy is pretty good to kill time with. Also Skyrim, Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star Zero, the entire Zero Escape series, Ghost Trick... The Stanley Parable was hilarious, but not much replay value after you've done all the things... Double Dragon Neon is amazing if you have somebody else to play with... the list goes on and on. My boyfriend and I also own a lot of older console games that we play sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if Luke and Leia count... they've got nothing on Finley and Junpei's psychic connection though!

      It's instant teleportation, you can come back if you want and you're even able to bring someone along because that makes traveling more fun :D
      I had to look up James Randi. Since this is all hypothetical unfortunately - sure, you can have the million dollars too! Ha, this is becoming one awesome trip.

      Yay, drawing! Always trying to get better at that too <3
      Thanks for indulging my curiosity and answering the questions :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the nominations, and Thank You for the nomination! I'm so behind. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you're welcome! I think I forgot to notify people about this actually O_O Sorry!

      Delete